Sunday, July 17, 2011

Review: The ADHD Workbook for Kids: Helping Children Gain Self-Confidence, Social Skills, & Self-control

The ADHD Workbook for Kids: Helping Children Gain Self-Confidence, Social Skills, & Self-control
The ADHD Workbook for Kids: Helping Children Gain Self-Confidence, Social Skills, & Self-control by Lawrence E. Shapiro

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



There are so many ADHD books available but finding one that is designed to help kids is rare. Some try but most simply discuss therapy options or 'parenting ADHD' philosophies. This book, however, includes detailed plans for more than 40 activities. Each one has a story that kids can relate to and uses them as teaching moments. I can sit down with my son, read and discuss the story, talk about the activities and feel like we have accomplished something. NOTE: the activities include writing work and worksheets, we only avoided them because of my son's dysgraphia and dyslexia.



View all my reviews

No comments: