Friday, July 15, 2011

Review: The Lost Hero

The Lost Hero
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I enjoyed the Percy Jackson series and was happy to see that there were more books about Camp Half-Blood residents. I was hoping it would be Percy Jackson-esque but the writing reminded me of the Kane Chronicles instead, which is unfortunate because I didn't enjoy KC. Or the 39 Clues series, actually.

I liked the heroes in this book, especially Leo. I missed the camp time, though, as the book is almost completely about a quest and included only 3 brand new campers and not enough info on the other camp.

I will read more in the stories as my kids enjoy the characters and stories and I like the exposure to Greek and Roman mythology. My son has dyslexia and ADHD and I like that they powerful, brave, strong, clever characters have similar challenges. It's nice to have positive images for him.



View all my reviews

No comments: