Thursday, August 18, 2011

Review: Blessings

Blessings
Blessings by Anna Quindlen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



"I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves." This is my favorite quote and it's by Anna Quindlen. I finally took the time to find books by Quindlen and decided to read Blessings first.

I liked it. Lydia Blessings and Skip/Charles are outwardly opposites but seem to have the same need for orderliness and tradition. When Skip finds a baby on the estate, he decides to keep her. Lydia discovers this and they form a bond over Faith. Honestly, it was the baby finding that kept the book at 3 stars. I simply can't accept Skip finding, keeping and hiding a baby. Throughout the rest of the book my mind kept thinking, "But he wouldn't do this!" and I'd lose track of the story again.



View all my reviews

No comments: