Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Review: Dark Tort

Dark Tort
Dark Tort by Diane Mott Davidson

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



This book, in non-audio form would have likely been on par with the Hannah Swenson series, which is a light reading, 3 star book. In audio form, though, it was horrible. Based on the reader's voice, I had a vision in my head of what the character would look like. The image didn't match the character, however. At one point, Goldy sees herself in a mirror and comments on her blond curls. She's described as being in her early thirties. The voice, though...it isn't. It distracted me from the story and I eventually googled her to see what she looked like in real life. She's not a 32-year old blond caterer :) If I were at the beach and looking for something that I could skim through as I soaked up some sun, it would be okay, though, which brought it up to 2 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments: