Thursday, August 11, 2011

Review: The Face on the Milk Carton

The Face on the Milk Carton
The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I stumbled across this in a search for another book and it reminded my of the old after school specials we'd watch on tv as kids. I listened to it and realized that it actually was one! As a 12 year old, I probably would have loved this book...and it's probably unfair of me to rate this as an adult since I was not the intended audience. Because of that, I'm giving it 3 stars - my 2 star adult rating with my 4 star kid rating.

The story is about a girl who recognizes herself on a milk carton and starts to remember her early years as another child. She struggles with the idea that she was kidnapped and worries about what her birth family will do when they find out. She wants to tell them but doesn't want to hurt the parents that raised her. Good story, lots of teenage angst and fear, just not my style...which, again, is appropriate since I'm not the target reader.



View all my reviews

No comments: