Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Review: The Room-Mating Season

The Room-Mating Season
The Room-Mating Season by Rona Jaffe

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I had no expectations when I stumbled across this book in the library. In fact, I was surprised to see it classified as chick lit by other readers because it didn't strike me as a fun, quick, read poolside book. I liked the story and the characters. I enjoyed the transition through the years. Perhaps it's my age and the fact that I'm chronologically in the middle of the book. Those girls in the beginning? I knew them years ago. The girls turning 30? I know them. The girls turning 40? They're my peers. The girls turning 50? It makes me wonder where I'll be in another decade. As the years passed and the woman handled their affairs in such different ways I found myself curious about how they would end up.



View all my reviews

No comments: