Sunday, July 3, 2011

Review: The Liar's Lullaby

The Liar's Lullaby
The Liar's Lullaby by Meg Gardiner

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Perhaps this book would have been a 3 star if I had read it instead of listening to the audio version. You know how sometimes a reader can completely turn you off a book? In this book, the portions concerning NMP are read in an angry voice that has a touch of the 'nails on chalkboard' effect on me. I really struggled to stay with the book during those parts. I also disliked the stereotyping of country music. The lyrics and comments in the beginning of the book were so outrageously horrible that I almost pulled the cord and disconnected the Playaway. The book itself was enjoyable. If you are interested, read it and don't listen to it!



View all my reviews

No comments: