Monday, July 25, 2011

Review: Toxin

Toxin
Toxin by Robin Cook

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



This was not a medical thriller. Instead, it was a commentary on the USDA that involved an angry, violent, out of control and unlikeable surgeon. I simply quit reading when Dr. Reggis stormed into the meat processing plant. I'm a reader who, in real life, has enough concerns about the meat industry to buy locally raised, locally butchered meat from people I know. Even with that ideological slant in Cook's direction I was not able to finish this book. Usually when I give up on a book I will skip ahead and read the last chapter just to find out how it ended...not this book, though. I disliked this book so much that I have no curiosity about the end. I am just assuming the end would be as annoying as the beginning and middle and wrote it off.



View all my reviews

No comments: