Monday, July 25, 2011

Review: Wrightslaw: No Child Left Behind

Wrightslaw: No Child Left Behind
Wrightslaw: No Child Left Behind by Peter W.D. Wright

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I read this book as part of my preparation for the upcoming IEP program for my son. As someone who has repeatedly complained that the schools 'teach to the test' I was interested in discovering the law behind my opinion. First, I was surprised. The history of the public education system's performance problems began to get the public's interest 40 years ago. When I was in elementary school there were already measures in place to address the failing school system.

The book is nothing more than the background of NCLB, a copy of the law and an explanation of what it actually means, which means it was just what I was looking for. Succinct, helpful and informative.



View all my reviews

No comments: