Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Review: James Potter and the Curse of the Gate Keeper

James Potter and the Curse of the Gate Keeper
James Potter and the Curse of the Gate Keeper by G. Norman Lippert

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



After finishing book 1, I was excited to start this one as the First Years would include Albus, Rose and Scorpius. I expected certain actions on Albus' part and will admit that I had a good guess about Scorpius's personality as well. I will admit that I was wrong - and I'm glad about it because the story is so much more interesting with the twists!

It's interesting because I have always been a bit of a Harry Potter geek and had unknowingly placed Harry on a bit of a hero platform. Seeing a new Potter generation have a chance to follow in their father's footsteps without making the same mistakes has been fabulous. And seeing Harry as an adult...and more shockingly as a Ministry employee...gives me a chance to take him off that pedestal and appreciate him for what life must have been like. (okay, okay...what life would have been like if any of this was real. I can't help it. I'm a geek and Harry is truly alive in my head.) Self-deprecating family man Harry Potter is both a surprise and something I felt I should have recognized.

I'm starting book 3 now and I can hardly wait. I wish that there was enough (as in ANY) financial incentive to keep the author writing. As he said in the closing comments, I just want to see how everything ends.



View all my reviews

No comments: