Monday, August 22, 2011

Review: The Search

The Search
The Search by Nora Roberts

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Thirty excellent chapters ruined by one incredibly stupid one. This was a four star book until chapter 30. Fiona is cool. Simon is interesting. The dog training was fascinating (and, yes, I borrowed some of her tips for my dog.) I wasn't a fan of the interactions between Fiona and Simon and managed to ignore most of the 'bartering' they arranged but I was willing to overlook it because the story was good.

*Spoiler-ish snark ahead. No specifics but could give away the ending*

But did I mention chapter 30? You know, the one where Fiona does the classic B horror movie concept of doing something unbelievably stupid just to give the screenwriter a way to let the crazed killer could catch up to her? It's the equivalent of that. If you ask yourself what a search and rescue trainer should NEVER do when hunted by a killer, you'll know how the story ends.



View all my reviews

No comments: