Friday, October 7, 2011

Review: Septimus Heap: The Magykal Papers

Septimus Heap: The Magykal Papers
Septimus Heap: The Magykal Papers by Angie Sage

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Sometimes a series can lead to fun, entertaining or informational add-on books. Sometimes they can't. The Septimus Heap series is definitely one that could! The book design was awesome and everything was written in the same tone as the books so that if you read the books, you can recognize the characters because they are exactly as you have come to expect them to be. It's not a book that can be read in one sitting, though. Because there isn't a storyline, it's most enjoyed when read a page or two at a time. My only complaint is that this book had to change my mental images of the Heap family. The only one that was drawn as I picture him is Simon! It's funny how we can all read the same story but imagine it so differently. My favorite part focused on the Ramblings. I loved it!



View all my reviews

No comments: