Friday, October 7, 2011

Review: She's So Dead to Us

She's So Dead to Us
She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



Wow. There is so much I dislike about this book that I'm not sure where to start.

Let's see... Maybe the bullying that Ally is apparently too stupid to recognize? Or believe? And that Jake is too stupid to stop? Or the fact the book is filled with with F*** (sorry...not sure what GoodReads policy is on swearing and don't want to get booted!) from characters that don't even say h*** or d*** or even b****? And I can't forget about the supporting characters - a girl that stalks the popular crowd, writes down their conversations and memorizes meaningless details about them; a girl that is so over the top crazy and obsessed that a movie version of her would be pulling out a machete at prom and end up as the unsuspected serial killer; the kids in school that are invented so that the author can insert texts rather than give the actual characters any depth; or the mom that moves back to a town but can't see her daughter's shunning even though she works at the school?

No. I think what really did me in was the ending. Or, actually, the non-ending. Big party. Huge scene. Dramatic announcement. Turn the page and see acknowledgments. We finally get to a part of the story worth reading and it's not there. Reading this was a complete waste of my time.

GoodReads recommendations, you let me down!!



View all my reviews

No comments: