Friday, September 23, 2011

Review: Divergent

Divergent
Divergent by Veronica Roth

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I picked up this book at the library this afternoon and couldn't put it down. I finally finished it and can go to bed!

I really liked this book. It's similar in concept to Hunger Games and Maze Runner - a dystopian future where teens are faced with challenges that will upset the current regime while likely creating a new one.

This book was a GoodReads recommendation and I was fascinated. I requested it at the library that night. This is the first of many recommended books I've requested and so far I'm loving GoodReads' success rate!

When I was a teenager, dystopian reading amounted to "1984." I hated 1984 then and I hated it just as much when I re-read it this summer. I'm thrilled with this new sub-genre in youth fiction.



View all my reviews

No comments: