Saturday, September 24, 2011

Review: Yum-Yum Bento Box: Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches

Yum-Yum Bento Box: Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches
Yum-Yum Bento Box: Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches by Maki Ogawa

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I'm familiar with Bento and expected to see 12 ingredients used in tiny amounts and arranged in an artistic way. Completely expected that.

What I was expected was something besides colored rice and pieces of nori. This book was more of a design manual that a recipe idea, which is fine...just not what I expected. I thought this book would include a wider variety of food and give me ideas of healthy lunches to pack for school. Instead, it's little snacks with pink rice, 2 pieces of cheese, a raisin, a noodle and some carrots. If you need help making a face out of nori, this is the book for you. If not, another book would be a better choice.



View all my reviews

No comments: