Saturday, October 29, 2011

Review: Rot & Ruin

Rot & Ruin
Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I've never read a zombie book. I've watched a few zombie movies but none really impressed me. I watched the Walking Dead on tv but it was too gory. So why did I read it? Well, I've been trying to force myself into new genres this year and this came up on Recommendations because of my recent foray into teen dystopian.

I didn't expect to like it but I loved it from the first page. In fact, the part about zombie killing simulations at scouts hooked me. I read it twice and had my husband read it. He was not interested at all...but it was too late for me.

The zombies in this post-apocalyptic book are not the zombies of the movies. They are gravity-driven, stay-at-home types of beings, only driven to eat the living when they stumble into them. Easily distracted by fluttering flags and unable to open a door, they are mindless forms that used to be human.

I'm glad this is a series - I'm ready to see where Benny goes next!



View all my reviews

No comments: