Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Review: Soulless

Soulless
Soulless by Gail Carriger

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I read this book because it was described as steampunk. I like the fashions and accessories and figure a book would be interesting.

I actually liked the book, even more than I had anticipated. The entire social system with the Hive and the Pack mixing with the Queen of England was fascinating. The changed Victorian era with supernaturals and preternaturals was interesting. I do wonder what the octopii were about, though...

For me, the biggest drawback was the romance novel intertwined in what was otherwise a good supernatural story. It was enough of a romance that I didn't reveal what I was reading. A bit of book elitism, I guess.

However, I will read the next book in the series and I'll add more steampunk books to my list.



View all my reviews

No comments: