Saturday, October 29, 2011

Review: Enclave

Enclave
Enclave by Ann Aguirre

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



There's a book out there about the Mole People that live underground in New York's subway tunnels and sewers. Enclave gave me a taste of what life would be like if it were even remotely true. In fact, the Burrowers seemed like the elusive Moles.

Darkness, cramped spaces, abandoned stations and trains, fighting for each meal, living in small communities, life expectancy of 20...Girl15 only knows that existence until she becomes a huntress for her enclave. Raised to fight and kill, she ends up topside and has to deal with a world she never expected to see.

I liked it for its novelty and it's approach to revealing the world as it would appear to someone who has never even seen the sun. It was interesting and the main characters (who I won't name since it would be a bit spoilerish) have different lives and understanding of the world. I liked the ending and will likely read the next book in the series.



View all my reviews

No comments: