Friday, January 20, 2012

Review: Cold Granite


Cold Granite
Cold Granite by Stuart MacBride

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



GoodReads is convinced I like Scottish police thrillers. I had never considered it as an actual genre before but Recommendations keeps listing them. I will say that this is one of the better ones...which is good because I can end on a high note after reading several in the past few weeks.

In this book I found another detective I don't like in an area of foul weather and seemingly almost constant darkness. While he was tolerable and the reporter was obnoxious, everyone else made up for the over-the-top personalities by being likeable, humorous or dramatic in a good read sort of way. The crimes were difficult to read about as I typically avoid books involving young children but the final result gave me closure.



View all my reviews

No comments: