Friday, January 20, 2012

Review: Dark Life


Dark Life
Dark Life by Kat Falls

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I'm stunned that this is part of a series. There wasn't enough in this book to justify a single book yet there will be enough to create a series?

Ty isn't so bad. I could do without his 'have to be hero' attitude and his fear of doctors. Sometimes, the good guys need to leave the bad guys behind and save themselves, you know? I think the worst aspect of Ty is that he likes Gemma. Anyone who can tolerate Gemma must be crazy. Of all the books I've read in the past year, Gemma is probably my least favorite since Elizabeth Berg's Helen Ames. In Helen's case in was her constant second-guessing and doubting approach to life, which is opposite to Gemma's worst traits. Gemma is obnoxious, impatient, deaf to reason and somehow completely unaware of danger. As a kid who spent her lifetime as a ward of the state in various locations, I'm sure that danger, bad situations and evil people were in her life yet she goes underwater and throws all common sense out the window.

The saving grace of the book would be the underwater world. The neighbors, houses, crops and habits were an interesting change from other dystopian books and I enjoyed that.



View all my reviews

No comments: