Friday, January 20, 2012

Review: A Spy's Life


A Spy's Life
A Spy's Life by Henry Porter

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I like spies. I like mysteries. I like conspiracies. I like history. With all of those likes, this book seemed perfect.

I had a hard time getting into the story and actually put it down several times, only to pick it up days later and read a little further into the story. When I think about the book, I can't really pinpoint a reason for my neutral feelings toward the book as it had enough adventure and intrigue. Perhaps my dislike of Eva and my inability to understand Harland that left me feeling that the book was so bland?

I think I would read another Henry Porter book again but I don't believe I'll ever look for another Robert Harland book.



View all my reviews

No comments: