Friday, January 20, 2012

Review: Those Across the River


Those Across the River
Those Across the River by Christopher Buehlman

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



Do you ever read a book, have a firm and definite opinion on the book, then log on to goodreads and realize that your opinion is completely opposite of the majority? I am telling myself that the other reviewers must have been paid or rewarded in some way because this was not a good book.

It was slow. Painfully slow. I skimmed through entire pages of the book in hopes that it would improve but it did not. Eventually, I decided to skim through the entire book in hopes that the beginning would become relevant at some point. Once that happened, I almost put the book down since my curiosity was satisfied. I finished it just because it was close enough that I could finish the book quickly. I don't like to say this about books but I can't find a single positive to add to this review.



View all my reviews

No comments: