Friday, January 20, 2012

Review: How to Survive the End of the World As We Know It


How to Survive the End of the World As We Know It
How to Survive the End of the World As We Know It by James Wesley Rawles

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



If you are wealthy, worried and willing to live in the middle of nowhere, this book is a perfect guide for setting up a safe home. We're talking SAFE. Natural disasters, terrorist activities, martial law - you name it and Rawles can get you ready to face it. Now, the average person (like me!) will have no way to accomplish 80% of the ideas put forth in this book. The good news is that the remaining 20% is still useful enough that I'm planning to add a copy to preparedness stash. And, if am ever in a position to do more, I'll have the guide book ready!

My only disappointment in the book was the charitable aspect of the writer's plans. I realize I sound like a horrible human being for criticizing those that would do good and help others and give willingly of themselves for the benefit of others...but really? In a disaster I can't imagine giving away a single thing that could possibly be needed to sustain my own family. It gave a sense of unbelievability to a book that was rock solid.



View all my reviews

No comments: